Here We Try to Figure out Why There Are Foreign Manpower Agencies in Singapore and Why You Should Care.
According to the World Bank, Singapore is a “high-income economy with a gross national income of US$54,530 per capita, as of 2017.” (worldbank.org)
Considering the growth number, it is evident that there are a lot of jobs in Singapore. More importantly, there are a lot of high paying jobs in Singapore. The city has spent many years to get to where they are today as a business-friendly state. A few reasons why Singapore is favorable for businesses are:
1. Tax exemption: For startups, when the company is in the early stages, there is a major tax exemption.
2. Easy access to finances: Though there were already many local schemes to get funding easily, it has become even easier to secure funds now with venture capital firms coming in, especially for tech companies and startups.
3. Easy access to growing markets: Singapore is positioned in the perfect place to access China, Indonesia, and India, which are tempting markets for any entrepreneur.
4. Intellectual property: Singapore has been able to establish a respectable system of intellectual property rights. Thus, companies can stay assured of the copyright regulations of their ideas.
5. Digital government bureaucracy: In some counties, the bureaucracy can be a hassle and hurdle. It can be slow, cumbersome, and unfavorable to digital economies. However, in Singapore, even the company registration process is online. Compliance services are simple and easy to understand.
6. Professional services companies: Similar to business process outsourcing companies, there are professional consultant companies in Singapore. They offer a wide variety of services. They help in setting up your company and completing all the initial legal requirements. Additionally, they can do all of your accounting and structure your business enterprise so that your company becomes eligible for the maximum tax exemptions or easy access to funding, etc.
7. Recruitment outsourcing companies: The most important entity of the company is the employee. The productivity of a company depends on its employees, and you need to hire the right employees. Therefore, recruitment outsourcing consultancies have streamlined this process in Singapore.
Who should consider coming into Singapore?
Singapore has a diverse economy with multiple sectors that run in parallel. Given Singapore’s amazing urban development, it is a great place for foreign workers to live in. Whether you are considering the basic utilities or the infrastructure of the city, everything is attractive for foreign workers from law enforcement agencies to the local education system.
There are opportunities in all sectors. However, some sectors stand out more than others.
• Service sector: There is a constant need for receptionists, salespersons, domestic assistants, warehousing experts, and operation experts.
• Construction sector: There are still plenty of development opportunities in Singapore. Thus, there will always be a demand for engineers, HVAC experts, and skilled laborers, like electricians and mechanics.
• Manufacturing sector: There is an increasing demand for engineers and programmers. Hardware and hardware production experts are also short in supply.
• Finance and Digital Services Sector: Foreseeing growth-minded outlook of Singapore, it is only natural that there will be a continuing demand for finance experts and digital services experts, like programmers and user interface designers and more
Thus, people who are passionate about working in a growing economy should come to Singapore. The economy is not only stable, but it is equable for future growth. As mentioned earlier, even if you want to settle in Singapore permanently, it is not a bad choice at all.
You might be thinking, how would someone in a foreign country be able to get the access to the work available here in Singapore?
This is where the foreign manpower agencies of Singapore come in.
Why is there a need for a Foreign Manpower agency?
Singapore has accomplished something excitingwith all these pro-business policies: it imports workers from other countries to fulfill its requirements. Since this has been the case for several years now, there are many foreign manpower recruitment agencies in Singapore that will be able to assist you. But – whatexactly does a foreign manpower agency do?
There are many steps involved when its come to the recruitment of foreign workers into a company in Singapore. Recruitment agencies will be able to help you throughout the entire process. Here are some of the services that they provide:
• Shortlisting the candidates as per the client’s requirements. As the agencies specialize in this field, they tend to do it faster and more efficiently compared to what the companies are able to achieve by themselves.
• Submitting work pass application for each of the candidates
• Collecting the work pass and delivering it
• Providing airport pickups and medical checkups for the selected recruits
• Scheduling interviews for the candidates
• Ensuring each recruit has the proper arrival documents
• Bank account opening for the workers
• Resolution of any dispute between employer and recruit
• Work pass renewal for previous recruits
Not only that will these agencies be able to assist you with your hiring process of an empty position, they will be able to find you a replacement in a timely manner as well. For instance, if you are looking for a replacement to fill upan empty position of a worker who has recently left, these agencies might be of great help as they will be able to supply you with the best recruits in a efficient and timely manner.